The year seems to have passed in no time, and when I look back, I know that I have become an ‘older, wiser, better person’. Like every year, 2016 had its ups and downs. Definitely not my favorite year, but I do have some memories and lessons that I’d like to carry forward into 2017.
In no specific order of priority or preference, here are the ones I could recall-
- Visited the cat cafe in Mumbai; developed a love for cats immediately. (Still a dog-person, though).
- Got inspired by someone to become a kinder person-turns out it is very beneficial-one even wins arguments more often! Conclusion:I am-(sadly)-a kinder person.
- Fell in love with Zayn-truly, madly and deeply. Also, developed a girl-crush on Gigi.
- Tried plenty of new desserts. Developed an obsession for churros.
- Celebrated Diwali at home after 10 years, only to realize I do not look forward to the festival anymore. Also, crackers really do scare animals. HAVE SOME HUMANITY PEOPLE!
- (This hasn’t exactly happened yet-but will be seeing penguins sometime in the next few days).
- People started calling me by my name. It was excruciatingly weird.
- Faced two of the biggest failures of my life, lost hope-even though my parents didn’t. Learned to never ever lose hope, no matter what.
- Turned 18-LEGAL.
- Didn’t come back home for the entire night.
- Bought my first dreamcatcher-yes, its is significant.
- Got my phone thrown put of a moving auto. (A very interesting story).
- Made some amazing new friends. They say I’ve got a ‘girly’ choice. Lies.
- Realized that some friends (my squad!) are there to stay.